WHAT IS SOLID SURFACE?
What is Solid Surface?
The heart of solid surface is that bundle of properties that make it a unique product - its performance characteristics. Some performance characteristics that all solid surfaces share are:
- It's solid. The sheet or shape must be "homogeneous" - that is, the color or pattern must be consistent throughout every part. This makes it very unlike gel-coated products such as cultured marble, or laminated products such as plywood or plastic laminate. It also makes it a little bit like wood, but without knots or grain.
- It's machinable. Solid surfaces are machinable with most woodworking tools. It can be drilled, routed, sanded and cut.
- It's hard. There is a range here, but it is not clearly defined. Suffice it to say, solid surface is harder than wood, not as hard as steel.
- It's non-porous. Speaking chemically and technically, nothing is 100% non-porous. But solid surface is very close. It is unaffected by water and changes in humidity, and is bacteria resistant.
- It's stain and chemical-resistant. Most household staining agents and chemicals, and even some industrial chemicals, will not damage it. Polyester resin is more chemical resistant than acrylic alternatives.
- It's fire resistant. There are grey areas here: because Kymira can be modified to suit specific requirements, fire-resistance can vary with those alterations. But generally most solid surfaces are fire-resistant or fire-retardant.
- It's repairable. Because Kymira is made in its liquid state here in Christchurch, even large damages can be repaired virtually invisibly.
- It endures. This is reflected by all these multi-year consumer warranties. Solid surface, unless mistreated, should remain unchanged for a very long time.
- It is aesthetically pleasing and warm to the touch. It has beauty, a look and a "feel." It is a decorative surface, made to be seen and touched.
Các tin liên quan:
- LAVABO ĐÁ NHÂN TẠO (18-04-2015 - Lượt xem: 1166)
- Đá nhân tạo - vật liệu tăng tính sáng tạo trong thiết kế (01-11-2016 - Lượt xem: 276)
- Xu hướng năm 2017 – Sử dụng đá nhân tạo trong nội thất (29-10-2016 - Lượt xem: 312)
- Đá nhân tạo – vật liệu ốp lát siêu việt (28-10-2016 - Lượt xem: 267)
- Việt Mỹ đẩy mạnh phát triển đá nhân tạo thạch anh (24-10-2016 - Lượt xem: 184)